Friday, December 30, 2011

My Home & the 'Mean Season' of Winter



My home and the ‘mean season’, winter.
One of the most important things I do every year to prepare for the frigid temperatures of winter has much less to do with construction and more to do with knowing the environment. Mice, bugs, spiders, birds, squirrels and even bigger pests such as raccoons can target your home for a cozy winter bungalow. I’m constantly amazed at their persistence and ingenuity in finding weaknesses in the construction of homes and find a way to burro into warm and hidden spaces. 
                Learn to know the local animal characters and how to protect your home from the invasions they plan every winter season. A few minutes spent walking around your house to install simple measures to prevent their intrusion will pay huge dividends and keep you from trying to evict them after they have taken up residence. The former is much easier than the latter. - Brad Dixon, Construction Project Manager

1 comment:

  1. The image of the baby raccoon in the attic is one that brother caught himself and posted to my website started in 2000: www.aaanimalcontrol.com/Professional-Trapper/wildlife-photo-gallery.htm.
    I am happy to share my content with you by allowing my photo on your website, but I simply ask for photo credit for my work. I am sure you understand that my unique content is very important to me and my website’s success.
    My photos are copyrighted with the US Copyright Office, but we will allow use of our pictures on others’ websites, with a link back to your source: www.aaanimalcontrol.com/. Please link your website to mine in exchange for the use of my unique photo. Linking to me does not harm your website in any way, but it will help me out and I think that is fair because you are using my content.

    Let me know if you need anything else from me to make this happen and thank you for your understanding. I look forward to hearing from you in the next 2 weeks with your link.
    Sincerely,
    Augie Gatto

    ReplyDelete